IMVU Socializing by Fifi Leigh
Avatars flock to the Buckstars Coffee Shop, wearing their favorite outfits based on their personalities, in the hope to meet someone interesting to chat with, companionship, or maybe a mate for a long-term relationship. Whether living in the middle of nowhere or just too tired after work to go out, people are turning to IMVU for a light chat and some after-hours fun. Some people create other relaxing rooms, set in various environments and locales, for a fantasy escape into cyperspace, away from reality, work, family, boredom, and everyday real life problems. People all over the world have joined this social network because of the exciting 3D graphics and entertainment, and the opportunity to be creative and create their own cyberworld.
But one thing to remember is that IMVU is still a chatroom, where people type conversations with one another, hopefully positive and enjoyable dialogs. Some people might not speak English, some might be new, confused and lost, while others go on a chatroom to vent out their problems on strangers in order to feel better about their own messed up lives. Nevertheless, all kinds of personalities join a chat room, hoping to click with someone who is similar in some way.
Here are some tips for an icebreaker and a positive experience.
- ASL: age, sex, location; if nothing in common from this question, go to the next question until you find a common interest. If there is a common interest, chat about it. This can take hours.
- What are your hobbies? Sports?
- What do you do for work?
- Favorite vacations?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you go to school? What are you studying?
- What is your country or state like? Culture? Food? Fun hangouts? Entertainment? Weather?
- What kinds of movies, TV shows or books do you like?
- What languages do you speak?